Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Slavery In Egypt:
Moses Flees To Midian (Exodus 2:11-25; 18:3-4) - - - - - - - Section 27
(11) And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
(12) And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
(13) And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?
(14) And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.
(15) Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.
(16) Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters: and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs to water their father's flock.
(17) And the shepherds came and drove them away: but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.
(18) And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that ye are come so soon to day?
(19) And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock.
(20) And he said unto his daughters, And where is he? why is it that ye have left the man? call him, that he may eat bread.
(21) And Moses was content to dwell with the man: and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter.
(22) And she bare him a son, and he called his name Gershom: for he said, I have been a stranger in a strange land.
(23) And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
(24) And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
(25) And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.
~ Exodus 2:11-25 King James Version
(3) And her two sons; of which the name of the one was Gershom; for he said, I have been an alien in a strange land:
(4) And the name of the other was Eliezer; for the God of my father, said he, was mine help, and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh:
~ Exodus 18:3-4 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|