Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Jesus Teaches And Heals:
The Ten Lepers (Luke 17:11-19, 18:9-14) - - - - - - - Section 25
(11) And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
(12) And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
(13) And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
(14) And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
(15) And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
(16) And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
(17) And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
(18) There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
(19) And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
~ Luke 18:9-14 King James Version
(9) And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
~ Luke 17:11-19 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|